Tablelands Land Management Funding
South East Local Land Services is accepting expressions of interest for assistance to protect and restore native vegetation as well as funding for improved grazing practices across selected areas on the Southern Tablelands. The funding, provided by Catchment Action NSW and the National Landcare Programme, will support the following activities:
Protecting and enhancing the superb parrot habitat by:
- improving the condition, extent and connectivity of remnant native vegetation
- improving the condition of significant riparian native vegetation
- establishing new superb parrot habitat
Protecting priority riparian vegetation in the Upper Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Lake George sub–catchments by:
- re-establishing vegetation corridors
- reducing stock access to waterways
- protecting areas of existing riparian native vegetation
Improving grazing management practices on the Tablelands by:
- managing paddocks according to land capability
- increasing ground cover and improving soil biology
- implementing sustainable grazing practices
The grants can be used to provide materials for standard fencing, revegetation and alternative stock water.
Download the Expression of Interest form. Expressions of Interest close on 18 August.