Serrated tussock management (Tarago)
14th Feb 2019 1:30pm
"Pylara"155 Collector Road
ContactRSVP to Helen Smith on:0437 037 340or via email
Serrated Tussock: Assess the problem, refine your plan
This event will help you to understand:
- identification, biology and spread of serrated tussock and perennial grass weeds
- best management practice, suitable controls and how to use a zone management approach
- seedbank depletion and encouraging competition from other plants
- practical tips and points to develop your serrated tussock control plan
- how to apply these principles to other invasive perennial grasses, and the issues with emerging weeds Chilean Needle Grass and African Lovegrass.
This event is presented in conjunction with agronomist Chris Houghton - Agristrategies, with a practical on-farm case study.
The event includes an afternoon farm walk and plant identification session, commencing at 1:30pm, followed at 5pm by an “after work” seminar to discuss integrated weed management.
Participation in both activities is encouraged, but please attend either activity as convenient.
Dress appropriately for a paddock walk, and observe “come clean - leave clean” biosecurity principles for clothing, boots, vehicles, etc.
Cost: Attendance is free – light refreshments provided. Local land managers and stakeholders welcome. Please RSVP.