Soil erosion workshop (Bungendore)
25 May 2019 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Venue to be confirmed on RSVP.
ContactFor more information or toRSVP contact: Rebecca Klomp on:4842 2594 orvia email
This workshop aims to support you to improve land management practices that will help you manage naturally fragile soils.
It will cover geology and hydrology of the local area and will help you to identify which control technique is best suited to your catchment size and soil type.
Speakers include Andy Taylor, Senior Natural Resource Management Advisor for South East Local Land Services and Leah Moore, Associate Professor of Land and Water Management at University of Canberra and of Groundwater at Australian National University.
The workshop will focus on:
- soil type & land capability: some soil types are very susceptible to erosion
- what does active erosion look like
- what are the processes taking place that cause the erosion
- what are the best techniques and materials to rehabilitate it, that will not be a waste of time or make it worse
- what activities might need approval from the Natural Resources Access Regulator, another arm of the NSW Governments Department of Industry.
This is a free workshop and morning tea and lunch will be provided. Please note numbers are limited.
You will need: Gloves, hat, notepad and pen, camp chair, and suitable working clothes.
The day will be spent in the paddock away from amenities and a port-o-loo will be available.