Land managers reminded to pay their 2018 Local Land Services rates by Monday 26 February
16 February 2018
Land managers across NSW that are yet to pay their 2018 Local Land Services rates are being reminded they are due by Monday, 26 February.
Rates, which were mailed to land managers in mid-January, are a vital source of income for Local Land Services as they support the organisation’s biosecurity, emergency response and animal health work across NSW.
Work supported by rates includes:
- supporting landholders to control pests and meet their legal obligations
- animal health programs run by Local Land Services vets
- biosecurity and surveillance programs which limit and prevent pest and disease incursions
- supporting agriculture and animals during emergencies
- supporting stock identification and traceability systems.
South East Local Land Services General Manager, Anthony Marshall thanked the land managers that had already paid their rates while highlighting their importance.
“Rates are an essential part of a secure, productive and profitable landscape,” Anthony said.
“By paying rates, all land managers have access to technical experts, training and programs to help them manage their land and meet legal obligations.”
The payment methods for rates are:
- online by selecting ‘I want to make a payment’ from www.lls.nsw.gov.au/southeast
- BPay – telephone and internet banking
- by phone – call 1300 738 070 to pay by MasterCard or Visa
- post a cheque or money order with the remittance slip on your rates notice.
For more information on rates head to www.lls.nsw.gov.au/annual-rates.
Media contact: Dave Michael, South East Local Land Services, 0418 513 880.