NSW Government's 2018 drought package
The recent NSW Budget 2018 included $279 million in increased financial support for farmers. This brings the NSW Government’s Drought Relief package to more than $579 million.
Key measures in the announcement included:
- Farm innovation fund – additional $250 million.
- $250,000 low interest loans to improve infrastructure and ensure long term productivity and sustainable land use
- $50,000 seven-year interest free loan for fodder and grain and to install water infrastructure
- Funding to collect and store genetics of their herd or flock
- Streamlining kangaroo management to reduce kangaroo numbers
- Doppler weather stations – three new Doppler radar weather stations in the Central West and Far West of NSW to provide real time weather coverage for 30% of the state.
- Funding for mental health - $4 million. Support for 13 state-wide coordinators through the Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health and counselling support through the National Association for Loss and Grief.
To find out more visit the NSW Department of Primary Industry’s Drought hub.
Also remember that Local Land Services staff are here to help and support you.
We offer hands-on support where possible and can provide up to date localised information about managing and recovering from drought.
Local Land Services has been holding drought information sessions across NSW. Visit our 2018 Drought Response webpage for publications, factsheets, videos, webinars and other information.